What experts say
Your baby’s vision development – How well your babies and growing children learn to develop their vision is going to affect their entire development, including how well they are able to learn now and later while attending school.
Dr Jane Williams – Leading baby development expert
Children are not born with the visual skills they need for learning. These skills need to develop over the earliest years of life.
Dr Meredith Sheil – Paediatrician
What’s in Episode 6
The ‘how’ and ‘why’ – Learn everything you need to know about your baby’s vision development:
- Why vision development activities are so important for your baby’s future academic, physical and emotional development
- The difference between ‘sight’ and ‘vision’
- The relationship between how baby’s vision skills develop and movement experiences
- What can my baby see? When?
- When and how often to provide visual stimulation
- Lots of visual activities and games for babies from birth
Baby development class 6
- Join in! Enjoy bonding and development time with you baby, as together you do – baby exercises to music; dance; vision, hearing and speech development activities; rhythm and music activities; baby massage; baby games and more baby fun!
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Interview with paediatrician Dr Meredith Sheil
What parents say
Active Babies Smart Kids series of baby classes is amazing!!! Fun for both parents and bubs. Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful resource for parents who want to encourage their child’s development whilst also enjoying smiles, giggles and gurgles.