What experts say
Think about how important the feet are, they will bear your babies weight, balance them and guide them throughout their lives. They are vital to infant development and future well-being. It is important for parents to know how to encourage proper development in their baby’s feet.
Dr Jane Williams – Leading baby development expert
It is important for parents to know how to encourage proper development in their baby’s feet.
Dr Luke Sammartino – Paediatrician
What’s in Episode 11
The ‘how’ and ‘why’ – Learn everything you need to know about the development of your baby’s feet:
- Why your baby’s foot development is so important to infant development and to your baby’s future academic, physical and emotional development
- Activities for foot development
- Caring for your baby’s feet
- Why parents need to know about baby foot reflexes
- Signs your baby’s feet are developing properly
- When to buy first shoes and what types of shoes
Baby development class 11
- Join in! Enjoy bonding and development time with you baby, as together you do – baby exercises to music; dance; tummy time activities; vision, hearing and speech development activities; rhythm and music activities; baby massage; baby games and more baby fun!
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Interview on infant development and your baby’s feet, with paediatrician Dr Luke Sammartino
What parents say
I love doing the ‘Let’s do BabyROO’ segments from the online series with my 4 month old whenever we have a spare bit of time. It means I have ideas for fun activities at any time of day that I know are helping him learn! And best of all – he loves them too!