What experts say
Your baby’s balance is developing right from the word go, and it’s very important! Recent studies show that babies who have been given gentle balance stimulation activities in the earliest year of life display improved brain and body development.
Dr Jane Williams – Leading baby development expert
As adults, some of us have great balance and some not so great. This is not just luck of the draw. It is, in most cases, a result of the balance experiences we had as babies and young children.
Dr Meredith Sheil – Paediatrician
What’s in Episode 4
The ‘how’ and ‘why’ – Learn everything you need to know about your baby’s balance development:
- Why baby balance activities are so important for your baby’s future academic, physical and emotional development
- Activities for babies balance
- How to do activities for babies balance development
- Bounce for babies: What type of baby bouncing is OK?
- When and how often to provide balance stimulation
- When not to do balance activities
- Balance development songs and games
Baby development class 4
- Join in! Enjoy bonding and development time with you baby, as together you do – baby exercises to music; tummy time activities; dance; vision, hearing and speech development activities; nursery rhymes, rhythm and music activities; baby massage; baby games and so much more baby fun!
Answers to commonly asked questions
- Interview on activities for babies balance, with baby development expert Dr Jane Williams
What parents say
The Active Babies Smart Kids series have such clever ideas for play that we hadn’t thought of. Also, it’s great to have accompanying explanations about how through different types of play we are teaching our baby to move and helping him learn. The episodes are an ideal length that make watching them with baby easily possible, and to top it off, the songs have a fun and hip twist on the traditional, making them enjoyable for us adults too! I love how it put me at ease slowly developing tummy time skills with my gorgeous boy when I was worried about what to do.